Recorded on April 13, 2022
Driving Referral Growth: Pairing Claims Data with Provider Relations
Even in this new phase of the pandemic, provider relations is still one of the driving factors for growth. Pairing the efforts of your provider relations team with claims data can help your organization identify new patient opportunities and help preserve your current referral relationships.
In this webinar, Nancy Vanselow, Referral Development Manager at Children’s Wisconsin, and Josh Cameron, VP, Client Success at Marketware, explore three examples of how to use data effectively to drive, redirect, and retain referral pipelines.
Recorded on March 30, 2022
A Roadmap to the Future of Healthcare --- Part Two
In February’s Roadmap to the Future webinar, we explored the next 10 years of patient and consumer activation strategy, drawing on predictions from Joe Public 2030. The focus was on two key predictions: Constricted Consumerism and the Copernican Consumer. But there’s more!
• Funnel wars – the impact of new entrants and new business models in healthcare
• Disparity dystopia – widening gaps in care, access, and information
• The rise of health sects – politicization, tribalism, influencers, and more
Recorded on March 8, 2022
Healthcare's Data Access Revolution: Getting Insights into Your Existing Applications
For the past decade, health systems’ appetite for data to inform strategy, marketing, network development, and capital investment has exploded. At the same time, they have invested heavily in consumerism-enabling products and systems to understand markets and find, engage, and retain patients and providers. This rapidly developing product/ecosystem mix created issues in data connectivity and, by association, data utility.
Fortunately, the environment has transformed, leading to a healthcare data access revolution. Point solutions using closed data repositories are being replaced by enabling technologies allowing marketers, analysts, and strategic planners to quickly connect disparate data. Join Bill Moschella, CEO and Co-Founder of Populi, to learn how to efficiently access and leverage interconnected claims data in prominent applications already in use at your organization.
Don’t miss this opportunity to advance your data strategy!
Recorded on February 17, 2022
A Roadmap to the Future of Healthcare: Joe Public 2030
In 2011, Chris Bevolo’s Joe Public Doesn’t Care About Your Hospital mapped how healthcare marketing and strategy would evolve over the next decade.
Where’s the map for this decade? Joe Public 2030.
In this webinar, Chris joins Moderator Chris Hemphill, VP, Applied AI at Actium Health, to discuss the next 10 years of patient and consumer activation strategy. These predictions represent in-depth research and partnership with leaders at Mayo Clinic, Optum, Geisinger, CVS, Intermountain Healthcare, and many others. Here’s how we’ll focus during the webinar:
- How healthcare consumerism will evolve
- The impact of new business models in healthcare
- Disparity dystopia — widening gaps in care, access, and information
The road ahead has its highs and its lows; this conversation is about best preparing for all of them. Come prepared to discuss the future of healthcare!
Recorded on Thursday, January 27, 2022
Activating Culture to Attract, Retain, and Engage Employees
In the face of staffing shortages, increased competition to attract quality candidates, burnout, and employees leaving the healthcare industry, culture can be a powerful tool for engagement throughout the candidate and employee journey. In this webinar, you’ll learn how the most sought-after brands attract and retain employees by bringing their core qualities to life during the recruitment process and beyond to the employee experience.
Join Adriene McCoy, Senior Vice President & Chief HR Officer, Baptist Health South Florida, and Justin Wartell, Managing Principal, Monigle, to examine:
- The ideal work culture and experience healthcare employees are seeking
- Best practices for putting your best (employer) brand forward to recruit, engage, excite, and retain the best people
- Culture strategies at Baptist Health South Florida that led to a ranking as one of Fortune’s Best Places to Work
- Approaches for leveraging culture to activate employees to deliver on your brand’s promise effectively, meaningfully, and enthusiastically–to one another, and to your consumers and patients
Recorded on December 14, 2021
Selling Your Bold Marketing Ideas to Leadership
It’s time for health systems to lead the way in consumer engagement. To do so will require a new way of thinking, accompanied by compelling new initiatives. Yet, convincing senior leadership to embrace non-traditional marketing ideas can present a challenge.
Ready to hunker down and get your ideas out in the market? This webinar can help you get started! Join us to examine:
- Common hurdles marketers encounter when selling up
- What motivates health system leadership to push back
- How to pave the way for bold marketing long-term
- Pitching strategies to get your bold idea approved
Cynthia Schmidt, Chief of Marketing, VCU Health
Jared Usrey, Vice President, Strategy, Revive
Recorded on September 23, 2021
Owning the Communication for Vaccine Mandates
To date, more than 40 percent of health systems require workforce vaccination as a condition of employment. And as we’ve already seen, not all staffers or community members will be happy about it. The implications are immediate, and potentially long-lasting.
In this webinar, panelists examine the issues and help answer your questions, including:
- the internal and external implications of a vaccine mandate
- how to handle religious exemptions and labor contracts
- the best ways to communicate with your staff and the community about the new policies going into place
Catherine S. O’Neal, MD, Infectious Disease Specialist & Chief Medical Officer, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
Alan Shoebridge, Director of Marketing & Communications, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
Ryan Colaianni (Moderator), Senior Vice President, Issues & Communications, Revive
Recorded on June 10, 2021
Create a More Human Healthcare Experience: 4 Pandemic-Driven Imperatives
The pandemic has transformed the world, nowhere more than in healthcare. Nationwide, healthcare executives have driven innovation that is humanizing healthcare on a structural, organizational, and experiential level.
In this webinar, you’ll hear how industry leaders are humanizing their organizations from the inside out—through organizational and structural transformations as well as mindset and cultural evolutions.
View this session to:
• Examine the imperatives needed to create a more consumer-centric experience, based on insights from healthcare leaders and consumers
• Explore the three pandemic-driven changes that have the most significant impact on brand experience
• Analyze four strategies for activating pandemic-driven management and leadership innovations that you can use immediately to foster improved experiences for consumers, physicians, and employees.
• Hear how to build organizational models designed for the future of experience, hiring, retention, culture, and care in a post-pandemic world
Christine Holt, Executive Vice President & COO, Life Care, Redeemer Health
Cindy Rose, Chief Experience Officer, Redeemer Health
James Cote, Senior Vice President, Ambulatory Services, BayCare Health System
Justin Wartell, Managing Principal, Monigle
Recorded on May 12, 2021
Are You Ready for the Tidal Wave? The Resurgence of Elective Orthopedic Procedures
Sponsored by Healthgrades
As we emerge from pandemic restrictions, the pent-up demand for elective orthopedic procedures is reverberating nationwide. However, the data is showing notable service line and regional variations. Complicating this intelligence is the accelerating migration of procedures to ambulatory surgery settings.
In this webinar, you’ll hear about current trends in elective orthopedic procedures and strategies to prepare for this rapidly evolving market situation.
Join this session to:
• Understand national and regional trends for orthopedic procedure volumes in inpatient vs. outpatient care settings
• Examine current market data for orthopedic procedures and the anticipated trends that factor in the resurgence of volumes
• Learn how to use the most up-to-date data available to understand the shifting procedure dynamics in your market and make informed strategic decisions to address them
Emilio Ruocco, VP, Physician Relationship Management & Claims Insights
Jeremy Ellis, VP, Business Development, Kythera Labs
Recorded on April 15, 2021
The Impact of Retail Disruptors on the Healthcare Consumer Experience
Sponsored by SymphonyRM
Walmart Health’s razor-sharp focus on convenience and transparency will take market share from traditional healthcare organizations. The result? Healthcare organizations will need to make consumer experience a top priority to compete–offering experiences that match, or exceed, those of retail health.
In this webinar, you’ll get a first-hand look at what Walmart Health is doing now and what they’re planning for the future. You’ll also hear from health system leader MultiCare about its aggressive innovations aimed at competing with retail health providers.
View the webinar to:
• Get an in-depth look at how Walmart and other retailers (Amazon, Walgreens) are approaching the healthcare market, including information you won’t find anywhere else
• Learn how MultiCare has improved the consumer experience while facing competition from multiple disruptors, including Amazon, One Medical, and CVS
• Hear practical lessons you can apply at your own organization
Let’s move beyond the buzz lines “Disrupt the Disruptions” and “Offer the Amazon Experience” and see how it’s done!
Shari Day-Campbell, Marketing Director, Retail Health, MultiCare
James A. Gardner, Managing Director, Topline Partners
Chris Hemphill, VP, Applied AI & Growth, SymphonyRM
Audrey Wyman, Manager, Customer Success & Customer Experience
Presented on February 10, 2021
Overcoming the Hype: An Innovative Approach to Provider Alignment Strategy
Sponsored by Healthgrades
Healthcare leaders and liaison teams continue to be challenged to strengthen existing physician relationships, build new ones, and drive incremental growth. No longer can we think that there’s a silver bullet solution that allows us to “set it and forget it” when it comes to these relationships. Instead, today’s environment demands an innovative approach to technology that guides provider alignment strategy.
In this webinar, you’ll hear how market intelligence, data management, and smart investments in technology can lead to actionable physician engagement strategies.
Learn how to:
• Cut through the data noise with physician relationship management tools that reduce or eliminate manual work
• Set liaisons up with reachable goals and outreach territories
• Build fast data interpretation dashboards to prove value to executive leadership
• Improve provider network planning and utilization
Abby Elowsky, Physician Relationship Management Technology Manager, Henry Ford Health System
Keri Braley, Associate VP, Provider Strategy, Healthgrades
Presented on January 28, 2021
Activating Your Healthcare Heroes: Creating Passionate, Experience-Driven Brand Ambassadors in the COVID Age
Although healthcare is a very human industry, many organizations don’t commit the effort to ensuring that employees are prepared to deliver the brand and experience in everything they do. The pressures of operating through COVID have only exacerbated this challenge–burned out, frustrated, and sometimes vilified employees aren’t getting the support, guidance, and inspiration they need to deliver what makes the organization’s healthcare experience unique.
In this webinar, you’ll hear how two organizations are powerfully engaging employees so they can confidently and compellingly live the brand in every single interaction. Join your colleagues to examine:
• The strategies that guided these unique programs
• The tactics used to bring people along on the journey
• The results achieved by turning healthcare heroes into powerful advocates for the brand and experience
Take home lessons for implementing a brand ambassador program in your own organization, including elements to deploy and “sell stories” for gaining leadership commitment and alignment.
Christine Albert, Chief Marketing Officer, LCMC Health
Suzanne Spruce, AVP, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Northern Light Health
Justin Wartell, Managing Principal, Monigle
Presented on December 14, 2020
Vaccines Are Here: Three Communication Imperatives for Healthcare Organizations
The moment has arrived. With worldwide hope focused on a COVID vaccine, two vaccines … Moderna and Pfizer … await emergency use authorization from the FDA. Indeed, doses of COVID vaccines will likely be distributed throughout the country within weeks.
Now, the communication challenges begin. For those in healthcare organizations, that means laying the groundwork with the media, the public, and employees regarding distrust, distribution, healthcare inequities, and logistical hurdles.
Laying that groundwork rests on three key communication imperatives:
• Getting the talk right internally
• Serving as the voice of authority in each community
• Preparing for the pitfalls
The Forum for Healthcare Strategists joins Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock in a conversation that will unpack each of these imperatives and provide clear actions that healthcare leaders can take today. Examine how to: help your employees feel comfortable receiving a vaccine, as well as to then advocate within their community; shape messages that will relieve anxiety while educating the public; prepare for media scrutiny; and respond to negative events like vaccine side effects (real and perceived).
Hear insights from your colleagues to help you connect the communication principles discussed with real-world scenarios.
Pattie Cuen, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Cedars-Sinai
Megan Manahan, Chief Brand Officer, ThedaCare
David Jarrard, CEO, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock
Justin Gibbs, Vice President and COVID-19 Task Force Leader, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock
Presented on October 20, 2020
Diversity and Inclusion in Healthcare: Stanford Health Care’s Journey
Healthcare organizations have an important role to play in uprooting racism and discrimination in our society — and leaders at Stanford Health Care are taking action. Recognizing that the first step is to look inward, Stanford has undertaken a journey to listen, to learn, and to cultivate a workplace in which diversity is celebrated and all people are included, respected, valued, and appreciated as their organization’s most valuable assets.
In this webinar, David Entwistle, President & CEO of Stanford Health Care; Barbara Hardy, Chief Diversity, Inclusion & Health Equity Officer for Stanford Health Care; and Michiko Tanabe, Chief Marketing Officer, Stanford Health Care, joined moderator Chris Boyer to discuss that journey. Watch now to explore:
• Why it’s important to have these conversations, as difficult as they may be
• How healthcare executives can drive awareness and understanding of inequities — and ultimately change
• The role of communications and marketing leaders in advancing diversity and inclusion efforts
• Lessons learned for embedding diversity and inclusion into the organizational culture
Presented on July 30, 2020
COVID-19: A Catalyst for a More Human Experience
This is healthcare’s moment. The core elements of brand experience have been magnified by the pressure COVID-19 has put on the healthcare industry.
COVID-19 is the catalyst—a forcing function that is beating down barriers, challenging convention and putting pressure on infrastructure. Today, healthcare marketers have the permission and the opportunity to shape and lead the dialogue on a more human experience.
Don’t miss this moment to create a more human healthcare experience:
• Learn what’s working and what isn’t as healthcare leaders make change happen internally and externally
• Connect data-driven insights to real-world actions being deployed by leading healthcare systems
• Understand the trends that are here to stay and what to do about them
• Hear from your colleagues who are leading the way within their healthcare organizations
Douwe Bergsma, Chief Marketing Officer, Piedmont Healthcare
Jim Blazar, Executive VP and Chief Strategy Officer, Hackensack Meridian Health
Gabriel Cohen, Chief Marketing Officer, Monigle
Presented on June 10, 2020
Marketers & Communicators Lead the Way to Growth: Let’s Talk
Nationwide, healthcare leaders are rising to the challenges of COVID-19 and looking ahead to a post-pandemic future. Now more than ever, marketing and communication executives are critical in redefining and communicating that future.
This complimentary webinar, presented in partnership with BrandActive, examined essential steps for strengthening your organization and brand moving forward. Join your colleagues to explore strategies and opportunities for:
- Living your brand … and leveraging the goodwill generated during the crisis to establish your organization as a valuable community resource
- Getting patients back into the health system … how do you communicate that the organization is a safe space and rebuild trust?
- Establishing your marketing department as a valued partner to finance and operations to rapidly move on emerging business opportunities—and elevate the contribution of marketing and communications in the process
- Getting your marketing department in order—through marketing operations optimization—to operate more efficiently, recapture profitable business, manage your brand and more!
Kevan Mabbutt, SVP & Chief Consumer Officer, Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT)
David Perry, Senior Advisor, Stanford Health Care (Stanford, CA)
Suzanne Sawyer, SVP, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD)
Jean Hitchcock, President, Hitchcock Marketing & Communications
Philip Guiliano, Partner, BrandActive
Presented on May 20, 2020
Brand Leadership Through COVID-19: Northwell Health's Approach
COVID-19 is quickly changing healthcare, and organizations at the forefront of this change are charting the course for what’s next. Northwell Health took unprecedented early action as the crisis took hold and has shaped the local, national, and global dialogue around the pandemic.
Grounded in data; steeped in strategy; and guided by a meticulous, disciplined approach, Ramon Soto and the Marketing, Communications, and Brand teams at Northwell are guiding the organization as it gets back to business in a post-COVID-19 world.
In this complimentary webinar, presented in partnership with Monigle, you’ll learn:
• how Northwell’s brand stature has skyrocketed
• how consumer data Monigle is collecting is driving Northwell’s decision-making as it draws people back to healthcare
• actionable steps you can take at different phases of recovery from the pandemic
Ramon Soto, SVP, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Northwell Health
Justin Wartell, Managing Principal, Monigle